Monday, February 06, 2006

Why are we going?

A beautiful snow fell yesterday. It finally feels like winter again. I often find myself questioning why it is we are leaving the comforts of home to move to someplace as uncomfortable as Boulder. From a wordly perspective it makes no sense at all. I have to remind myself that we are going to do what God has called us to do. A friend called to share a verse with me today and it helped to remind me of our mission.

It is Isaiah 61:1-3

The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
because the Lord has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,
to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
and provide for those who grieve in Zion-
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
tho oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
The will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the Lord
for the display of his splendor.

2 comments:

Peter said...

Amen! When we set our sights on the promises of the Word, our perspective dramatically is altered. "Why are we going?" You answered it perfectly. God is good!!

George & Jan Cheek said...

wE ARE following you in prayer.... Let us know how we can help.
Looking forward to visiting with you in your new home in the Boulder metroplex :)

George and Jan Cheek