Tuesday, May 27, 2008
1. You know how to polka, but never tried it sober.
2. You know what knee-high by the Fourth of July means.
3. You know it is traditional for the bride and groom to go bar hopping between the reception and wedding dance.
4. You know the difference between 'Green' and 'Red' farm machinery, and would fight with your friends over which was better!
5. You buy Christmas presents at Tractor Supply.
6. You spent more on beer & liquor than you did on food at your wedding.
7. You or someone you know was a 'Dairy Princess' at the county fair.
8. You know that 'combine' is a noun.
9. You let your older siblings talk you into putting your tongue on a steelpost in the middle of winter.
10. You think Lutheran and Catholic are THE major religions.
11. You know that 'creek' rhymes with 'pick'.
12. A Friday night date is getting a six-pack and taking your girlfriend shiningfor deer.
13. There was at least one kid in your class who had to help milkcows in the morning... phew!
14. Every wedding dance you have ever been to has the hokey pokey and the chickendance.
15. Your definition of a small town is one that only has one bar.
16. The local gas station sells live bait.
17. At least twice a year some part of your home doubles as a meat processing plant.
18. You think that the start of deer season is a national holiday.
19. Pop is the only name for soda.
20. Football schedules, hunting season and harvest are all taken into consideration before wedding dates are set.
All of these are so true that I had to print it. It does make us sound like a bunch of hicks. I will always be a hick-at-heart.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Monday, May 19, 2008
What was I doing 10 years ago
I was trying to adjust to life with my first child.
Five things on my to do list today
1. Get motivated to go to the Body Pump class at the rec center
3. Get started on going through boxes in the basement
4. Mow the lawn
5. Take a nap
Things that I would do if I were a Billionaire
Give, Give, Give, Give because I would still have enough left over to have a comfortable life and I can't even really wrap my mind around a billion dollars so I definitely don't need that much money.
Travel, travel, travel, because I have just gotten to enjoy the traveling life in the last couple of years and LOVE it.
Three bad habits
1. I'm a procrastinator
2. I belch like no woman you have ever heard before (but I don't know if that's a bad habit or a talent)
3. I pick at and bite my fingernails constantly
Five places that I have lived
1. Fort Hood, Texas (I was born there)
3. Indianola, NE
4. North Platte, NE
5. Lafayette, CO
Five jobs that I have had
1. I sold donuts at Sehnert's Dutch Oven Bakery
2. I was a grocery clerk at Blume's Supermarket
3. Paraprofessional at Madison Middle School
4. Evening manager at Sixth Street Food Stores
5. Dental Assistant
Five People that I want to know more about so I am tagging
1. Brandi Ginn
2. Robyn Huffman (this means you have to blog)
3. Jan Tighe
I can only think of three because alot of my friends have already been tagged or need to GET A BLOG. How sad is that.
Sunday, May 18, 2008
This cowboy balloon was airbrushed on. It took them over 2000 hours to complete it.
Brooklyn, Kate, Parker, Allison, Sidney, Tara, Josiah, Christopher, and Logan all tried to squeeze on the little blanket.
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
I will put a plug in for the resort. I would stay there again.