Monday, August 06, 2007

Back In The States

We are back and glad to be. I had a wonderfully eye opening experience while I was in Peru. We met some of the most missionally minded people and we loved being with them every minute. They taught me so much about making the most of every minute that God has given me. Will I take it to heart and put into practice what I have learned? I hope so. We are so distracted by all of our stuff that if we truly stepped back to see what was important our lives would change dramatically. I have had only a couple of days to reflect on everything we saw and did while we were down there and God is teaching me through the reflection. I know he has more that he wants me to learn and can't wait to think back and understand more of the lessons that he has for me.
We started out our time with family camp at La Roca. We were able to put on little volleyball, basketball, and soccer clinics throughout the day and participate in the break out sessions they had for the families. Later in the week we took sports to the streets. We went door to door to gather kids to play with us. What a great time we had!

I know, I know! You didn't know has good I was.

You probably didn't know how fast I was either, did you?(sorry the picture is blurred, lightning fast speed you know)

The winning girls soccer team!!

We had the privilege of staying with Anebelle the first few nights in Peru.
Row, Row, Row, your boat.

Brandon, Jeff, and Kris worked the boys and everyone had fun!

My crazy husband leaped in the ocean. It was way tooo cold for me.

We got to visit the Incan ruins.

Old Town Lima

Just 100 years ago, born again Christians were hung where this fountain now stands.

It's not every day that you get to stand next to a tank with an armed gunman on top. Thank Goodness!!

What a great trip it was. I hope to show you more pics later. I hope you enjoyed these.

3 comments:

A Gorgeous Home said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! I can't wait to hear more stories.

aimee said...

Look at what a fancy soccer player you are! :) Sounds like a wonderful experience!

Julie Luse said...

I'm so proud of you guys for going!! And I love your new layout!!! talk to ya soon! yay!
:)