Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Electronics Free Day

Do you ever look around at your family and get totally disgusted because someone is on the computer, playing the Wii, playing on the DS, Playing on their IPod, and the TV is on? No one is talking to each other or even acknowledging any ones presence. I am one of those people. I am not blaming anyone because I am usually the one on the computer but I had enough. After talking with Brandon we decided that Sunday would be NO ELECTRONICS DAY at the Brinker house. No TV, No Computer, No DS, No Wii, No Playstation, No IPod, and so on. You would have thought that it was the end of the world for the kids(especially Zach). We have now had 2 Sundays electronic free and it has been kind of fun. We have played games, read books, went on adventures at the lake, and just spend some good old quality time together. I think that it is going to be a good thing for our family. It is too easy to get sucked into the STUFF we have around and forget about the really important things around us. I am afraid that I am going to wake up one day and wonder way all the time went. I want my kids to have fun memories and great life stories. You can't make a great life story staring at the TV. So we are working on a better life story for our family.

2 comments:

TheUnSoccerMom said...

wonderful idea! I do believe I will steal this idea!

Anonymous said...

I'm agree with u ...!!
Peace
El-Sis 11