Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pumpkin Carving Fun

I must say that I love fall. The leaves are changing, temps are cooling off, football is in full swing, the kids are back in school, soup is on, and even the idea of carving pumpkins. Yeah, I only like the idea of carving pumpkins. I hate the smell of them and I won't touch the guts. Brandon and my kids know that I am only the picture taker on these days and the rest is up to them.

I was so thankful this year when our friends invited our home group over to have a day of pumpkin carving because this meant that I would not be finding pumpkin guts all over my house for the next couple of months. It never fails. No matter how much I try to get the kids to be careful with the guts I always find them all over the house.

It was a beautiful day in the country and the perfect setting for our fall pumpkin carving fun.
My pics are not coming up in the order that I would like and I am having trouble rearranging them so we are starting with the finished products.
Zach did a Great Job on his pumpkin this year and did most of it by himself.
Our friend Jeff having fun with the guts:)
Sidney, looking cute as always, carving away:)
This was Nicola's first time carving pumpkins. I think she enjoyed the experience but not the guts under her fingernails.
Getting a little help from Dad so that the top doesn't fall in when it's done.
It was such a beautiful day that we were able to kick the older kids outside to carve their pumpkins. They all think they are too cool to have the parents around anyways.

No comments: