Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Skiing with the Family

We had a wonderful day on Monday. We were able to take our kids skiing for the first time. We met our friends at Solvista and made a million memories. The kids were amazing. You never know what to expect when you take 3 kids anywhere but God was watching over us and we couldn't have asked for a better time. The girls picked it up right away. They have no fear. By the end of the day they were going in the trees, doing jumps, and going faster than I ever think about going. I was so proud of how well they did. Zach needs a couple more tries before he is on his own but he did great skiing between our legs. I was afraid that he wouldn't go on the lift so you can understand how pleased I am that he actually skied. At one point he was crying because Brandon and I wouldn't take him on a black. He of course had know idea what he was asking.
We were so blessed to get to spend the day with the Jones' and the Dishmans. Larry took the task of teaching the kids and he did an outstanding job. They were much more apt to listen to him than they were to me. We were all able to take turns skiing with all of the kids and it made for a very enjoyable day. Thank goodness for great friends.
I wouldn't hesitate to go again. We had more fun than I ever expected. The kids are already planning when we get to go again. I hope that it is soon.

Excited and ready to go!

Here's the group!( minus Brett and Alec because they were too fast)


Kia, Brooklyn, Sidney, Madi, Josiah, Zach



Two skiing buddies after a long day!


Nothing better than hitting the hot tub after a day on the slopes.

The kids were amazed that they could swim outside in the winter. What fun!

Brandon and I chose not to get into the hot tub. We thought "why bother"!

What better way to warm up than to stand under the hand dryers.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh my, this brought so many great skiing memories. Both the skiing and hot tubbing afterwards. Great family memories that will last a lifetime!

Peter said...

Sounds like you got the fever Michelle...now you can't make fun of me for always wanting to go to the hill. Glad you guys had fun...there will be many, many more adventures to come living here in CO.