Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Big "9"!

Brooklyn turned 9 this past week. She gave me her last 8 year old kiss Friday night. Sidney says, "don't worry mom, I'll be 8 in a few months" but that doesn't seem to make me feel better. I can't believe how big she is getting but I am so proud of the little girl she is becoming. She is a great joy and a blessing all wrapped up in an energetic little package.

I had fun making Brooklyn's cake. She is getting too big for Barbie or Strawberry Shortcake so we went with a polka dot theme this year. I used fondant for the dots. I had never used it before so I wasn't sure what to expect. It turned out to be pretty easy to work with and I was pleased with how the cake turned out.
Brooklyn invited a few friends and we all went ice skating. The kids all had so much fun. Nobody (except me) got hurt so I considered it a success. Many of the girls had never skated before but they were running circles around me before the afternoon was over.

A big thanks goes out to Jan for helping us haul all of the rugrats to the rink. I think they had fun.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

What a beautiful cake! Looks like a great party. You're so right...you have two amazing little girls.