Thursday, January 19, 2012

First Craft of the New Year

 You may be looking at my pics asking "what is that". Well that is my solution to not washing 100 different cups every day. I bought tiles that each kid could personalize and put there cup on when they are done getting a drink. When they come back to get a drink later instead of getting a new cup they can just get their cup off of their tile and use it again. At the end of the day I wash all of the cups and we start new the next day. I get so tired of my counter tops being cluttered with cups because no one knows whose cup is whose. I went to the local hardware store and picked up 6 ceramic tiles off of a clearance end cap for only .26 cents.(WooHoo Bargain) I then bought a paint pen and little felt dots for the back so they wouldn't scratch anything. I let each one of my kids and my hubby decorate their own tile. I think they turned out really cute and so far it is working to help minimize the cup problem. A little fingernail posish remover will remove the paint if you make a mistake or just decide to redo them:-)
I have them lined up along the counter by the sink. They take up a little counter space but not enough to matter. I wish I would have thought of this a long time ago.

No comments: