Friday, January 20, 2012

Friends and Food

My friend Julie Luse from Bedhead and Brainfarts has a fabulous blog that everyone should check out. She is an amazing cook and has started Foodie Friday. She has always amazed me with her go gettem' spirit. She started the magazine Delight Gluten Free after finding out her husband and son had an intolerance. I wouldn't even know where to start with getting a magazine published so I have always been in awe. Her blog is no exception. Click the link below to check her out.
Now I am sure that I won't have great food to blog about each week but I have been cooking more lately so I thought that I would share some of the recipes that I have been making.
I have been getting most of my recipes from Pinterest. It is my new addiction.

Crockpot Chicken Taco Chili
Servings: 10
1 onion, chopped
1 16-oz can black beans
1 16-oz can red beans
1 8-oz can tomato sauce 10 oz package frozen corn kernels
2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes
1 8-oz can chopped green chilies
1 packet taco seasoning
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp chili powder
24 0z. (3) boneless skinless chicken breasts


Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. Place chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. I topped it with low fat cheese but you could also add sour cream, cilantro, or Fritos.

Roasted Parmesan Green Beans
Also from Skinnytaste.com
 
Green Beans
 
2 tsp. Olive Oil
 
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
 
Salt and Pepper to taste
 
Parmesan Cheese
 
Place green beans on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and mix to coat. Sprinkle with the garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes and then take them out and stir them( well not stir but toss) and put them back in for another 5 minutes. Remove from oven and top with Parmesan cheese. I put mine back in the oven for a second and let the cheese melt. Delicious.
 
Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken
(I would give credit to the person I got this recipe from but I couldn't get her site to work. It kept telling me it no longer exist so SORRY!! I tried)
 
2-3 Chicken Breasts
 
1 can Pineapple Chunks
 
1 bottle of  Sweet and Spicey BBQ Sauce
 
Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. Place chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and chop into chunks. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. I served this over rice and it was a huge hit with the family. When my kids like something you know that it's good.

No comments: