Monday, January 29, 2007

Prayer

Friday I attended one of the hardest funerals that I will hopefully ever attend. The Hastings family was struck with tragedy when the wife and 3 kids were in a car accident. The mom(JoDee), and her 2 daughters(LynDee 5 & Paiton 3) were killed and the son was critically injured.

I know that JoDee, LynDee, and Paiton are in heaven with their Savior right now. JoDee confessed her love for Jesus Christ and showed it. It gives me joy that she is walking on streets of gold but it brings me sadness to think of her family that is left behind.

I do know that God was preparing JoDee for her time to leave. She left Scott and Jonathon an amazing gift with the scrapbooks and journaling she did. They are memories that they can treasure forever. She wrote a wonderful letter to Jonathon explaining her love for him and the relationship that he had grown to have with his father. God had given her that nudge to do that and it is something that you could never put a price on.

No one knows for sure when their day will be. We can know where we will end up and that is very reassuring. Putting our faith in Jesus Christ makes death not so scary. Knowing that we will be in heaven someday by that faith. It may not make it any less sad for those left behind but it can make it less scary knowing we are safe in the arms of someone who loves us more than any earthly being could think possible.

I ask everyone to pray for Scott and Jonathon as they continue the healing process both physically and mentally.

1 comment:

Peter said...

Well said Michelle. I often tell my kiddos that God loves them better than daddy ever could and knowing I really don't know when my time will be, I want more than anything for them to know that fact. We're all just weak beings trying to love like Jesus, but only he can love the way we need in order to be truly complete.