Thursday, January 25, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #3

Thirteen Things about Michelle

13 Books That I Have Read And Enjoyed


1. The Bible
2. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers
3. Of Mice and Men
4. Junie B. Jones books by Barbara Park
(they are soooo fun to read out loud to your kids)
5. And The Shofar Blew by Francine Rivers
6. The Last Sin Eater by Francine Rivers
7. The Atonement Child by Francine Rivers
8. The Scarlet Thread by Francine Rivers
9. Believing God by Beth Moore
10. Janet Oke's Women of The West
11. Hidden Places by Lynn Austin
12. October Sond by Beverly Lewis
13. Ramona books by Beverly Cleary
(another fun bunch of books to read with the kids)

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Kate
2. Stacie
3. my 2 cents
4. L^2

(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fab! I LOVE Francine Rivers.

Kate said...

Hi!
Great list...I LOVE to read! I'm SO with you on the Bible, Anything by Francine Rivers, Beverly Lewis, and Beverly Cleary (I read them when I was "young"). Have a happy TT, mine's up!

Nature Girl said...

I LOVE that Women of the West series if it's the one I think it is..I couldn't put those down! Great TT, I played too. Stacie

K said...

A great list! I've read, and loved, The Atonement Child, the Janette Oke books, and lots of the Bible.

If you like Janette Oke and Francine Rivers, you might enjoy Karen Kingsbury too.

L^2 said...

Oh, I loved the Ramona books when I was a kid, along with Henry and Ribsy.
Happy TT - mine is books this week too! :-)

Renee Nefe said...

Have you tried anything by Diane Noble? I got hooked on her through my library...they would send you teasers of Christian books to your email.

Although I would not recommend The Veil to any Mormons...they wouldn't be happy about it.

Renee Nefe said...

I really do love the Girl Scouts too. I was a Brownie & Junior...in fact I was a Girl Scout when Samoas were introduced 32 years ago. My Mom was a Girl Scout and she was my first Leader.

The thing that is really getting me is that the women in our Service Unit have really bad attitudes. The Cookie Director has been nothing but mean to me since I first started emailing her...but I'm sure she'll be sickening sweet when I turn in my paperwork this evening.

One of our Troop Leaders volunteered to be the director for the QSP magazine sales campaign... she ended up being humiliated because one of the leaders' husband works as a DJ at a local radio station and they decided that she should be the joke of the day. The service unit and the council did NOTHING about it.

So our entire troop has decided that we do not want to be in that service unit any longer...which just gave me a great idea.