Monday, January 15, 2007

CLUTTER


I have been very convicted lately about the amount of clutter I have around my house. I know it is very distracting from the things I should get done (bible study, time with the kids and hubby, healthy meals, etc.) and from the things that I want to get done (scrapbooking, knitting, blogging, etc.). It is so overwhelming that sometimes all I get accomplished is staring at it because I don't know where to start.
I think my convictions have been stronger for a few reasons...
1. God wants me to focus my time on him
2. I am starting a new job soon and I won't have as much time
3. We will be moving in a few months and probably to a smaller house
4. The new year always makes me evaluate my life
I believe it is time to get back to shining my sink. I hope to keep you informed on any decluterring revelations that come my way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When we moved from our big rented 4 bedroom home to a small 3 bedroom bungalow, we manged to get rid of a lot of the clutter. The main challenge now is not to bring things back into the house. The "one new thing in - one old thing out" rule sounds a lot easier to follow than it is!

Good luck in your efforts.

Sunflower said...

Nice photo!

How is your exercise going?

To continue promoting healthy blogger lifestyle, I am going to post our Healthy Blogger Pledge every Monday. Currently 18 bloggers have joined us. I will specially visit and comment our participants every Monday, to push them exercise more and to attract more participants!

This minute is for all of us!


I will Exercise for Comments!
Sunflower

Julie Luse said...

Hey Michelle, I have made a committment to declutter as well, check out my latest blog. I took pictures around my house the other day of each space that needed it, so far I've got one down, and I'm working on a another tonight! Seeing the pictures really motivates me. The only thing is that I have a lot of trash bags to throw out, but it's better to add to a landfill than to have my own house be the landfill, love that pic!

Julie Luse said...

Oh, ps. How are your sit-ups treating ya?????