Tuesday, July 17, 2007

How Does Your Garden Grow?

This frog can't believe how great of a gardener my dad is. My dad has always been quite the gardener. He can make a tree from a twig. That twig can have it leaves stripped off by kids several times and still a big beautiful tree will come from it. I don't ever remember a time that we didn't have a garden. Some times it was bigger than others but we always had one. I should have paid more attention growing up and picked up a few pointers but I didn't. Now they just have to put up with my stupid questions.
We didn't get to have a garden this year or last year and we miss it. Our yard isn't very big at all but next year we will make sure to have a small raised bed to grow some veges of our own.
My dad posing for me at the entrance to his garden.
So many wonderful veges and flowers growing and growing and growing.
My aunt Kathy also has a cute little garden space called Kathy's Acres. Her yard is also guarded by this mean cannon that sits out front. I think it is so whimsical. Her husband Jeff made it and it cracks me up.

Kathy's Acres is the place to be. Farm living is the life for me. Land spreading out so far and wide. Keep Manhattan just giving that country style.

1 comment:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Thanks for your comment! I had to delete your link on the Mr. Linky because it needs to link directly to a Grosser than Gross post! I hope you'll play along!

Steph