Thursday, July 19, 2007

What's Grosser Than Gross?

I have never done a contest before but Stephanie at Adventures in Babywearing is have one and she is giving away a Kone. Being a mother of 3 I do have some gross stories to tell and I could use a Kone. Which one should I pick. Oh yeah!

When Sidney, my middle daughter, was just a baby her great grandmother crocheted her the cutest pink blanket. Sidney loved that blanket and would hug it and chew on it. I didn't think anything about the chewing until she started chewing clear through it and big holes were appearing. Not wanting to take her blanket away I would fix the holes the best I could and give it back to her.

One day I went to change her diaper. All was well, stinky, but well. I began to clean up her bottom and noticed, what I thought was, a worm. I began to panic ready to run her to the emergency room. My husband wasn't home and he is never home when it comes to emergencies with the kids. I was going to have to take care of this on my own. Still trying to clean her up I went to pull out the worm and trying not to vomit put it some where so that I could take it to the doctor for evidence. Upon doing this I realize that this was not a worm but a piece of pink yarn from the blanket that Sidney loved to chew on.

Well that was the end of the blanket for Sidney. It went in the trash after a rush of relief came over me. I am just glad that I didn't rush to the doctor claiming to have worms.

Aren't you glad I didn't have pictures to go along with this one?

5 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Thanks for not sharing pics! Wow- what a relief. I don't know what I'd do if it had really been a worm!!!

Steph

P.S. Can you re-link with this post in the Mr. Link so everyone else can read your post, too? Thanks for playing along!!

KatieBug said...

Yuck! My mother in law swears all kids get worms. I told her they are not puppies and she has issues. :)

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I got the Linky all squared away! No problem! Thanks again for sharing this GREAT GROSS story!!!

Steph

Glass Half Full said...

Is it ok to laugh about this one. I was totally gagging until I red "pink yarn".

Lori

Elizabeth F. said...

I was wondering how the worm went all the way through and had survived. Yuck. Glad it was yarn instead.